Monday, September 24, 2012

Savings


Outside my window...sunny but windy. Crisp and cool.
I am thinking...we started setting aside a little of our pocket money to save for vacation. In just one month I’m at $180 which is surprising. It will be nice to take a vacation knowing it was paid in advance. It took us a year to pay for Europe.
I am hoping...that we will have enough staff this week. The usual. I have the pre-work blues.
I am thankful for... good preaching.
From the kitchen... Atlantic salmon, corn on the cob, and Greek pasta salad.
I am hearing...the dishwasher.
I am wearing...jeans, a red t-shirt and a navy pullover.
I am reading...Michal by Jill Eileen Smith.
Around the house...my white miniature roses have bounced back and have flowered again, in spite of me and my gardening (cough) skills.
One of my favourite things....live theatre. Henry the Fifth was amazing, except we didn’t have great seats. I went into it not knowing anything about it. It was good. It was neither for or against war, but about war.
Some plans for the week....work four nights. I’m tired already. I also have to stay behind for an hour after one of them for my evaluation to talk about my goals. Blah, blah, blah. I have it written up already, but really, that’s cutting in to my precious few hours of sleep. No plans for the weekend except to hit SEND on the synopsis I wrote. I need to review it once before I ship it.

 

No comments: