Monday, October 1, 2012

Character Flaws


Outside my window...the first day of October. Warm and sunny. I just came back from a long walk with Kody.
I am thinking...I had my evaluation at work the other day after a particularly busy night. It’s never easy hearing your character flaws, and my manager is not the Queen of Tact, but it wasn’t too bad. I do need to change my attitude about work. I tend to react instead of act when I see we have many patients and not enough nurses. Now I don’t stop at the board to check before I take my coat off. I just walk straight to the staff room and then deal with it when I come out. I don’t want my co-workers to dread seeing me.
I am hoping...the money we cashed in for my daughter arrives before the wedding.
I am thankful for...a full fridge and pantry. We have all we need and to spare.
From the kitchen...beef and vegetable stir fry with Thai noodles.
I am hearing...traffic outside. It’s nice enough to keep the windows open.
I am wearing...jeans and a purple tank top.
I am reading...King Solomon: The temptation of money, sex and power by Phillip Graham Ryken.
Around the house...my youngest is on a university field trip today to Kingston, Ontario to learn about how they train peacekeepers. . My husband is home today because he didn’t sleep at all last night. He has a lot of worries because of his job. My eldest was away for the weekend and will be home today. Just a few more things to do for the wedding.  I sent off my synopsis. Now to get working on my messages. I also need to do more research on self-control and contentment. Better to have too much information and pare it back, than not enough.

One of my favourite things....sunshine.  It makes me happy. I think I would get S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder ) if I lived in Finland or northern Canada. I need light. Already it’s so dark so early. Blah. I hate winter. One day I want to live some place tropical and have a palm tree in my yard.
Some plans for the week....work three nights, then I’m off eleven days for our daughter’s wedding. I’m getting my hair highlighted on Friday. Gotta cover up the grey. My aunt is coming from Finland on Thursday as a guest for the wedding. She’ll be staying with us about a month. It’s my mom’s baby sister.  We’re having Thanksgiving Dinner at my sister’s on Monday.

 

No comments: