Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fishing Widow

Outside my window...dark. It’s almost midnight.

I am thinking...our Premier quit and pro-rogued parliament to avoid answering for a $700,000,000 scandal. Who said Canadian politics was boring?

I am hoping....my husband finds an alternate way to go fishing, so I’m not stranded without a vehicle for the weekend.

I am thankful for... a husband who is willing to watch U-51, my favourite movie, even though we’ve seen it more than 100 times. Literally.

From the kitchen... curried chicken, rice and beans, broccoli.
I am hearing... Love it or List it.
I am wearing...jeans and a beige sweater.
I am reading...Knowing God by J.I. Packer as prep for the first retreat.

Around the house...I’ve been prepping our 24-hr go-bags for emergency evacuation this week, as well as stocking food in our emergency supplies. Found peanut butter on sale, so I bought three.

One of my favourite things....Pinterest.  It’s a great website for so many ideas and links to blogs.

Some plans for the week....errands on Monday morning. Work three nights. Start work on one of my retreat messages and my next Women of Faith message on Solomon. My husband and his brother are going on a fishing trip with our friends from up North. My daughter and I are having a girls’ weekend of shopping, eating and watching movies. Church on Sunday and a movie at church on Martin Luther to mark Reformation Sunday.

 

No comments: