Saturday, June 30, 2018

June: a year of gratitude


June; Today I am thankful for…

1.      My car’s a.c. was fixed. It’s cold enough to make ice cream in.

2.      Annual flowers in my yard.

3.      My husband being 20 years cancer free! As an oncology nurse, I know there aren’t a lot of happy endings, especially with sarcoma. But God is faithful.

4.      Spending the day with my granddaughter, bonding. She said her first two word sentence. When I’d ask, “Where’s Robin?” She’s answer, “I’m heeeyah.”

5.      Dollar stores. So many good deals. Although I only ever go in intending to buy one or two items, I come out with three bags. I should own stocks in them.

6.      Dental care every three months, covered by my husband’s benefits.

7.      A new provincial premier.

8.      Prepping for the party, also smart to get the salads and cupcakes catered.

9.      The party for my husband. Exhausting but good.

10.   A day with my grandkids.

11.   Dental work.

12.   My mom brought me a tea towel as a gift from South Carolina. It says, Mimi is the name, spoiling is the game. Appropriate.

13.   Benefits for all my health care costs.

14.   World cup soccer starting today. Go Germany!

15.   Yoga for sleep class.

16.   A lady at church is hosting my women’s ministry team for a high tea as a thank you. Very nice of her.

17.   My husband’s 55th birthday and father’s day.

18.   A quiet day at home.

19.   School prep day.

20.   Massage; I really needed it.

21.   My daughter’s job offer for the next four months. An answer to prayer.

22.   Getting rid of the piano. The room feels more balanced and spacious now.

23.   My daughters beautiful new home. I especially love the attic.

24.   Church dinners. Appreciation for two elderly sisters who are moving away.

25.   A new roof!

26.   My daughter’s call to the Bar and a thank you dinner from her to celebrate.

27.   Pinterest. I couldn’t teach my grandson without its help.

28.   A new member of my health care team, an osteopath.

29.   Air conditioning, especially as we’re heading into a heat wave this weekend.

30.   Summer time. My favourite season, even with the heat.

No comments: