Saturday, June 30, 2018

New house/Call to the Bar


June Journaling

1.      Bought new lawn chairs and potted plants.

2.      Planted some impatiens in the front yard. Prepping for my husband’s party next weekend.

3.      Today my husband is 20 years cancer free!  He is also preaching this morning.

4.      No school, but my daughter is working today so I’m babysitting the one year old. My grandson will go to daycare.

5.      Chiro appointment. Exhausted today, and my balance is off again. Also noticed my scalp is puffy again, or boggy as my chiropractor calls it. Wonder if there’s a connection?

6.      Dental appointment.

7.      Prepping for my husband’s party.

8.      Cooking and cleaning for tomorrow.

9.      A bbq for 30 people at our house to celebrate my husband’s 20 years cancer free. Burgers, jerk chicken, rice and peas, salads, grilled veggies, cupcakes.

10.   Church and a loooong nap to recover from yesterday.

11.   A day with the grandkids.

12.   Dental work.

13.   A home day. Bible study and nap.

14.   A procedure. Drains me. World cup soccer starts today. Go Germany!!

15.   Yoga for sleep class. I don’t expect it will make a difference because my sleep issues are related to my illnesses.

16.   A lady at church is hosting our Women’s ministry team to a tea to thank us for the past two years.

17.   My husband is 55 and it’s also Father’s Day.

18.   Home day. Sore back. School prep for the new year.

19.   They’re decommissioning our cul-de-sac. Good bye free parking, hello noise, shaking and four new direct neighbours.

20.   Massage, then heading over to the grandkids. Sleeping over, then bringing them back to stay with us while their parents move on Friday.

21.   Great news day. Our daughter and her husband picked up the keys to their new house. They are now homeowners. And it’s the same date as the move in to our first home. And my youngest daughter who is now a lawyer was just offered a four month contract position where she has been articling, and it was thankful because the new Ontario premiere announced a hiring freeze just this week, but her job was approved before the freeze, and only announced today. She’s happy to be employed, and of course she’ll get a raise to a lawyer’s salary.

22.   Moving day!

23.   Piano finally going to my daughter’s house. It was a wedding gift almost six years ago, but they didn’t have space until now. Then we dropped the kids off. It takes a little longer to get to them now that they’re in Hamilton.

24.   Church, and a going away dinner for two elderly sisters. Slept over three hours today.

25.   Getting the roof re-shingled today. The noise is impeding my nap. Then a cupboard door shook right off its hinges.

26.   It’s my daughter’s call to the Bar ceremony at Roy Thomson Hall. Then she’s taking us out for dinner as a thank you for all the years of support.

27.   Our daughter and grandkids are coming for an overnight visit.
28. Wondered why I looked so fat in pictures, then came to the conclusion that I'm fat. Who knew? Facing facts. 

29.   Watched an action movie on Netflix, but fell asleep.

30.   Heat wave, plus I’m sick. Staying in.




No comments: