Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Celebrating Life


Sept. 22, 2009.

Outside my window…First day of autumn, but hot and humid. Rain yesterday, the first time all September. It’s been a pleasant month.
I am thinking…that life is good. I am very content. I’m also surprised that I’m so content. I am very blessed in all areas of my life.
I am thankful for…having to buy new clothes because I’m losing weight. I bought new dress pants and three pairs of jeans, as well as a faux leather tan coloured jacket that makes me look like a young chick.
From the kitchen…dinner out at Memories of Japan. My free meal of the week. Miso soup, salad, fried rice, sushi, stir-fried vegetables, cod, shrimp and filet mignon, wine and ice cream. My favourite place to eat out. We were celebrating our friend Leah’s new job as a full time College English Professor. It was eight years in coming.
I am wearing…black dress pants, a black and white top.
I am reading…Pirate Hunter by Tom Morrisey.
I am hoping…that I won’t regret that I offered to lead the next Ladies’ Meeting devotional. I’m a little shy, but I’m excited about my topic: Radical Hospitality.
I am hearing…a soccer game between Chelsea and Tottenham. I’m going for Chelsea.
One of my favourite things…a night off mid-week.
Around the house…We are planning to decide this week whether or not we’ll sell our house in the spring. As I said, I’m content and would be happy to stay, but we also know it’s now or never if we want to upgrade to a more modern house. I’m sure once we move, I’ll wonder why we waited so long. I’m especially looking forward to having a house big enough to build a sauna in.
Some plans for the week…work Wednesday and Thursday night. Go shopping with my eldest daughter. Go for a manicure and pedicure with her on Saturday, clean the church. Church on Sunday, of course.

No comments: