Sunday, February 5, 2012

No Labour Disruption!

Outside my window... mild, and no snow.
I am thinking...I can’t tell you how happy I am that there is not going to be a labour disruption with the city workers. That means my husband won’t be locked in at work indefinitely. He was all packed up and told to be ready to come in when called. So stressful. Now we’re so relieved. Funny how you pray for something, and then you’re still surprised when you get an answer.
I am hoping...to get a handle on some of the wedding plans. They won’t be using the church as they’ll be getting married up in Caledon at Scott Mission Camp, and the reception will be in a barn. That means we’ll have to rent pretty well everything we need, that would have been included in a regular venue. Trying not to stress over the logistics. Deep breath!
I am thankful for...having enough books to read for the next few years, if I can't buy any for a while.
I am wearing...pyjamas. I took a nap and couldn’t seem to recover.
From the kitchen... vegetable and cheese quiche and arugula salad with feta, watermelon and red onion with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I thought today was a luncheon at church so I made it for that. I brought it home to eat, instead.
I am hearing...the dishwasher. I love my dishwasher. Have I ever mentioned that?
I am reading...Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. It’s the final book in the Hunger Games trilogy, and the best one so far.
Around the house...It’s Super Bowl Sunday, but it’s not on in our house. No football fans here, just soccer. Also I discovered Downton Abbey, which many of my writer friends were raving about. We attended the planning meeting for our DVBS and it’s going to be a bug theme. I am planning the snacks, prizes and loot bags, so I’ve got to keep an eye out for all things buggy. I already found a few bug themed snack ideas. We went to the bank and I feel better already that we have a plan for undoing the mess I made. I’m amazed at how patient my husband is with me when I mess up, and I really did mess up.
One of my favourite things...my husband. Okay, he’s not a thing, but I love him and I’m so glad he’s in my life.
Some plans for the week... work four nights. No plans for the weekend yet, which is just fine with me. I hope my daughter and her fiancé come over to discuss some plans. I’ll feel less stress if I know what’s happening. I’ve planned many parties so I don’t have a problem with it; I just need to know what I’m working with. Church on Sunday, this time there really is a church supper, so I’ll need to prepare.

No comments: