Monday, January 5, 2009

Everyday Life

Jan. 5, 2009

Outside my window...a cold day. I'm spending the evening indoors. I drove my daughter to Hamilton this morning.
I am thinking...that I'm glad my daughter had her wisdom teeth out now while she was off school. It came up rather suddenly. Her swelling and pain are gone now.
I am thankful...for the nice dinner party we attended on Saturday night. Four couples, great fellowship, and way too much food.
From the kitchen...tacos. We can't eat roast beef every day!
I am wearing...jeans and a black sweater.
I am reading...The Man Whisperer by Rick Johnson. It's subtitled, Speaking Your Man's Language to Bring Out His Best.
I am hoping...that my dental appointment for filling exchange tomorrow morning goes okay. I'm not looking forward to it, but it needs to be done.
Around the house...I found a nice calendar at Chapters today, half-price, called The Reading Woman, and I framed one of the pictures for the wall in the library.
One of my favourite things...watching a mindless show once in awhile, like The Bachelor.
A few plans for the week...relax tonight. Work three nights. Decide when and where to go on vacation and book the time off. I was going to keep typing my stories into the computer, but this evening, I received an offer of help in doing that. Praise God! Now I can concentrate on writing the stories themselves. I had a few friends read the first three chapters of a few of them, and they have helped me decide which one to complete this year. Then it's a matter of sending it in to see if it's good enough or at least receive my first rejection letter. :(

No comments: