Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pikku Joulu (Little Christmas)

December 13, 2008

Outside my window...a cool winter day, but with nice clear roads for driving.
I am thinking...that having our own sauna would be a very nice thing. This once or twice a year just isn't good enough.
I am thankful...that my daughter's application for her missions trip to Scotland was accepted. She was very happy. Now she has two months to raise the funds.
From the kitchen...turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, carrots, turnip casserole, trifle. Again, way too much food. I posted pictures on facebook.
I am wearing...black dress pants, teal blouse, tweed jacket.
I am reading...From a Distance by Tamera Alexander.
I am hoping...that my daughter can go to Scotland. It would be a good experience for her.
I am hearing...the radio on our way to London, Ontario to our small Christmas for the Finnish side of the family.
Around the house...since I'm not in my own house, I find that I often feel discontent and a little envious when I see how much space there is here in my cousin's house. Oh, well, I have a mansion in the sky, right?
One of my favourite things...German Shepherds. They remind me of happy times. Maybe one day we can have one.
Some plans for the week...so far, just work three nights, buy my last few Christmas gifts, pick up our daughter from university, and bake shortbread cookies. We're going to the bank on Friday to discuss our options. Our mortgage is paid off in January. Woot, woot! It may not be much, but it's ours, and in spite of everything, I am thankful for our home.

No comments: