Sunday, December 7, 2008

A to Z --About Me

This was one of those silly things your friends send you on facebook so you can know each other better, or just maybe to consider things you never considered before.

A
- Available: no.
- Age: 44
- Annoyance: overly talkative people
- Animal: Sea Horse. I used to think they were mythical, like unicorns, because I first saw them on cartoons and thought they were interesting looking.
- Actor: Ed Harris.

B
- Beer: Yuck!
- Birthday/Birthplace: April 30, 1964 in Vaasa, Finland
- Best Friend(s): Leah, Kathy, Carolyn, Leena.
- Best feeling in the world: feeling the sunshine on me on a beach in the tropics.
- Blind or Deaf: deaf. I need to see to read, and I’d be too afraid if I was blind.
- Best weather: the hotter the better.
- Been in Love: of course.
- Been on stage?: Yes, but my stage fright is severe.
- Believe in yourself?: Somewhat.
- Believe in life on other planets: NOT.
- Believe in miracles: Yes.
- Believe in Magic: No.
- Believe in God: Definitely.
- Believe in Santa: No.
- Believe in Ghosts/spirits: ghosts? no. spirits? Yes.


C
- Car: blue van. Functional, but boring. I’m usually the passenger, I hate driving.
- Candy: Turtles, every time.
- Colour: changes with the seasons.
- Cried in school: Yes, in kindergarten.
- Chocolate/Vanilla: Chocolate
- Chinese/Mexican: Mexican.
- Cake or pie: pie!!! (Northern blueberry pie and ice cream)
- Country to visit: Papua New Guinea

D
- Day or Night: Night
- Dream vehicle: Royal blue Mazda Miata convertible, even though I hate my hair to blow in the wind.
- Danced: I still dance like it’s the 80’s.
- Dance in the rain?: no, I don’t like getting wet.
- Do the splits?: Never.

E
- Eggs: every day.
- Eyes: blue/green/grey depending on what I wear.
- Everyone has a: gift, they just don’t always use it.
- Ever failed a class? No, but I barely passed Grade 9 Geography.

F
- First crush: Greg S. in Grade Five. I thought I’d die if he didn’t marry me right then.
- First thoughts waking up: Is it night or day? Where am I? Where’s my coffee?
- Food: Always better if someone else makes it.


G
- Greatest Fear: having to have a tracheostomy or a colostomy. I’ve given this some thought.
- Giver or taker: Taker. I’m actually pretty selfish, sad to say.
- Goals: Read 75 books next year, complete one of my novels, work on the others, blog, and write book reviews.
- Gum: Excel spearmint, always in my purse.
- Get along with your parents?: Yes.
-Good luck charm: luck doesnt exist.

In guys:
Eye colour: brown.
Hair Colour: anything but red, hair style? Short, tidy. I hate long hair on men.
Height: taller than me (which isn’t that difficult).
Clothing Style: “every girl’s crazy about a sharp dressed man”, and uniforms are cool, too. Especially navy whites.
Characteristics: Christian, kind, crazy about me, educated, employed, romantic, funny, and responsible. (Basically, my husband.)

H
- Hair Colour: blonde, blonder when it’s freshly highlighted, a few grey strands if I don’t.
- Height: 5’ 4”
- Happy: Very.
- Holiday: Easter. There are no gifts or decorating required. It’s a more spiritual holiday.
- How do you want to die: an arrythmia, hypercalcemia coma or cerebral bleed. You can tell I’ve given it some thought.
- Health freak?: HA!
- Hate: whiny, bratty kids with passive parents.

I
- Ice Cream: Peanut butter chocolate persuasion from M&M’s.
- Instrument: I play none. I always wished I had learned the piano, though.

J
- Jewelry: wedding, engagement, anniversary rings, my diamond and emerald ring.
- Job: oncology nurse in Toronto.

K
- Kids: My daughters. Otherwise, I don’t have a lot of patience for any other kids.
- Kickboxing or karate: neither.
- Keep a journal?: Yes, on my blog.

L
- Longest Car Ride: bus from the Soo to Regina when I was 19. I slept 24 out of 28 hours.
- Love: Jesus, my family, my library, writing, reading, entertaining, travelling.
- Letter: H. It’s symmetrical and can mean Hospital or Helicopter pad.
- Laughed so hard you cried: usually at someone else’s expense. The mark of a true nurse.
- Love at first sight: welcome to my life.

M
-Middle name: Hannele
- Milk flavor: white
- Movie: U-571
- Mooned anyone?: no.
- Marriage: is just what I expected, and gets better all the time.
- Motion sickness? Only on spinny rides.
- McD’s or BK: McD’s for their fries.


N
- Number of Siblings: one and a half.
- Number of Piercings: none, but earring holes grew over years ago, and I couldn’t be bothered.
- Number: 21

O
- Overused Phrases: “Oh, go on. No, really, go on.” Usually when I get a compliment.
- One wish: to publish a novel.
- One phobia: edges, up high. My hands sweat just thinking about it.

P
- Place you’d like to live: someplace tropical, preferable in the south Pacific.
- Perfect Pizza: pepperoni, bacon and onion.
- Pepsi/Coke: Coke is better but I can’t drink pop anymore.

Q
- Questionaires: I’ve done hundreds.

R
- Reason to cry: a sad movie, death of a friend, a good book.
- Reality T.V.: the bachelorette, when it’s on. Twenty five men to choose from! Totally mindless, and better than the catty women on the bachelor. My husband says, "I can't believe an intelligent woman like you would watch a show like that." Or Dinner Impossible. I feel his stress.
- Radio Station: I switch constantly to find a song I like.

S
- Song: Dream Come True, by Frozen Ghost, Eleanor by Low Millions, or Enid by BNL.
Beautiful Saviour by Casting Crowns, or When God Ran by Phillips, Craig and Dean.
- Shoe size: 8-1/2
- Salad Dressing: Greek with feta, or creamy poppyseed.
- Sushi: Yum, especially freshly made.
- Skipped school: Only once, at the end of grade twelve, and I wrote my own note so I could work on my tan at Island Lake. I felt so guilty.
- Slept outside: In a tent.
- Seen a dead body? More than I can count. I used to be the one to teach the new girls how to wrap the bodies when we sent them down. It’s unnerving. You make jokes the whole time.
- Smoked?: the summer I was thirteen, until I got caught.
- Skinny dipped? Yes, and I’ve even rolled around in the snow from the sauna. I got sooo sick.
- Shower daily? Yes.
- Sing well?: Only in a group and I can’t hit the highest notes.
- In the shower? Quietly.
- Swear?: Does, “Oh, snap!” count?
- Stuffed Animals?: Not at all.
- Strawberries/Blueberries: both.
- Scientists need to invent: a submarine for the average person, maybe the price of a car.
- Time for bed: changes everyday. Sometimes, 9 a.m., sometimes, midnight.
- Thunderstorms: are not nice directly overhead.
- TV: only on weekends. Soccer, history channel, NCIS, Law and Order reruns, Dinner Impossible.
- Touch your tongue to your nose:? To what purpose?

U
- Unpredictable: Only when I have P.M.S. then, watch out!

V
- Vegetable you hate: can’t say I hate any, but I’m not fond of brussel sprouts.
- Vegetable you love: freshly shelled peas in the summer.
- Vacation spot: Any place tropical.

W
- Weakness: I’m a bookaholic. If you were a decent person, you wouldn’t encourage it.
- When you grow up: I’d want to be a writer, and be able to do that exclusively.
- Which one of your friends acts the most like you: My cousin, but probably because we’re related and grew up together.
- Who makes you laugh the most:Comedian,Stephen Wright.
- Worst feeling: how I feel if I have to wake up at 5:30 a.m. I hate working day shift.
- Wanted to be a model?: In my dreams, but I was too shy.
- Where do we go when we die: Heaven or Hell.
- Worst weather: A cold snap of -35C in the Soo.

X
-X-Rays: Don’t have any unnecessarily.

Y
-Year it is now: Sunday. No, I’m not confused. 2008.
-Yellow: is the colour of sunshine, butter, and beautiful roses.

Z
- Zoo animal: black panther. They look at you directly, and it’s like they’re saying, “If this cage wasn’t standing between us…” they terrify and fascinate me at the same time.
- Zodiac sign: Taurus, but who cares?

LAST PERSON WHO…
1. Slept in a bed beside you? My husband, last time I checked.
2. Last person to see you cry? My husband.
3. Went to the movies with you? My usual date.
4. You went to the mall with? My youngest daughter.
5. You went to dinner with? My usual date.
6. You talked to on the phone? I hate talking on the phone. Maybe, my oldest daughter.
7. Made you laugh? Our Pastor. He’s the life of the party.

No comments: