Monday, March 30, 2009

Missions Trip to Scotland

This letter is a report by my daughter about the Missions Trip she took in February with Campus for Christ.


I’m sending you this letter to thank you once again for your prayers and support regarding my missions trip to Scotland. I travelled to Edinburgh over my reading week – we left on the 13th and arrived back in Canada on the 21st of February – and I was truly blessed by the trip. I immediately fell in love with the city, history and culture.
As I mentioned before, we were working on different University campuses, doing spiritual interest questionnaires, evangelism and promoting events with the chapter of Campus for Christ in Edinburgh. Our teams were able to have many spiritual conversations with students there as well as present the gospel to quite a few students at the University of Edinburgh and Napier University.
One of the highlights of my trip was when the Canadian team would meet outside a church called St. Giles and worship on the steps of the church in the heart of Edinburgh. Through this ministry we had the privilege of meeting and encouraging several other believers, presenting the gospel to residents of the city and even had the privilege of leading two girls to Christ! It was such a blessing.
The trip definitely had challenging moments, and we ran into quite a few people who were hostile to the gospel and bitter towards Christianity, but my trip to Edinburgh really opened my eyes to the need that there is for missionaries in the U.K. and Western Europe. I’m adjusting to life (and the cold) in Canada once again and return with a thankfulness to God for the opportunity to serve in Scotland, and also bring with me an understanding of the need that there is for Christians who are willing to share the gospel with others.
Thank you once again for your support, and I pray that you would keep the nation of Scotland in your prayers – pray that our God would be the God of that city!

No comments: