Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Relaxing Spring Weekend

March 28, 2009.

Outside my window...a beautiful spring day. I even did some yard work; cleaning up some leaves and garbage off the lawn.
I am thinking...how confident should I feel that my daughter's driving instructor boasted that in 30 years, she's only been hit by a truck twice?
I am thankful for...the youth group my youngest daughter attends. Today they did a field trip to a Hindu temple and a Sikh Community Centre. One girl there asked about Jesus.
From the kitchen...chicken and lamb souvlaki, wild rice, green beans, french bread and chocolate pudding.
I am wearing...jeans and my red Toronto FC t-shirt, which I wear when we watch a TFC game. I don't wear it for luck, just because we're fans.
I am reading...Too Good To Be True by Trish Perry. It's Christian chick-lit about a woman and a male nurse who both have very controlling mothers. It's laugh-out-loud funny.
I am hoping...to be more patient in the nursery tomorrow, with a particular little girl who is uncontrolled, undisciplined and hyperactive.
I am hearing...TFC play against Columbus Crew. Two thousand Toronto fans travelled to support the team. They are so loud, they're putting the home team to shame.
Around the house...my friend Kathy was over for dinner last night. I made curried chicken, rice and peas, and okra. Then we booked our flights to San Antonio on-line. My husband went to a breakfast with the men from church. There were thirteen men present. I can't tell you what a change that is for our church. For years our church was single moms, kids and widows almost exclusively. The change is so encouraging; to have men who can lead and teach is a blessing that some churches who have it, don't appreciate.
One of my favourite things...my bed, especially when I'm tired. It's a four-poster bed from the Bombay Company with a down duvet and white sheers surrounding it.
A few plans for the week...Church tomorrow. Our Pastor is in Ottawa, so Pastor Wellum is preaching in his place in the morning, but I'll miss it because I'll be in the nursery. My mom is coming to church, though, so I'm happy about that. Then we'll be going to my mother-in-law's for lunch and to see some old family friends.

No comments: