Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mayan Riviera Travel Blog--Day Eleven


We packed up, dropped off our luggage, and then went to sit by the pool until 2 p.m. They have complimentary showers in the reception building for those who have to check out earlier than they are leaving. We met a nice couple from Wisconsin who are dairy farmers.
Signature Vacations handled everything so well, we never felt unsure of where to go. I would use them again. Sky Service is a good airline. They don’t charge you for extras. They showed the movie, “The Secret Life of Bees” on the way home. I had read the book and it was pretty close to it. Speaking of books, I read The Salt Garden by Cindy Martinusen, Finding Marie, by Susan Page Davis, and started Inside Story by Susan Page Davis. I posted my reviews on chapters.ca
We arrived in Toronto at 1:30 a.m. and were home an hour later, courtesy of the oldest cabby in history, ever.
It’s nice to go away, but it’s nice to be home again, too

No comments: