Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Oct. 29, 2008

Outside my window...it snowed today. SNOW! But at least it melted. Typically, snow in Toronto doesn't stick around until January.
I am thinking...that I hope my husband has a good day at work. He has a few stressful projects and inspections at work this week. He carries alot of responsibility on his shoulders.
I am thankful...for my dishwasher. Growing up poor, it's one of those things that makes me feel like I'm rich. I really, really appreciate it. I hate washing dishes.
From the kitchen...fresh Atlantic salmon steaks, rice, green beans, and salad.
I am wearing...jeans and a purple sweater.
I am reading...Whirlwind by Cathy Marie Hake. It's a Christian romance.
I am hoping...to have a quiet night at work tonight. I'm getting too old for stress.
I am hearing...I'm Too Sexy, by Right Said Fred. I laugh every time I hear that song.
Around the house...we plan to buy a snowblower. Last winter was brutal. I also still need to get new bookshelves.
One of my favourite things...vacationing at the cottage where I spent my youth. See My Favourite Place, under Vacations.
Some plans for the week...one more night of work this week. My daughter's coming home Thursday night and then leaving on yet another Christian retreat,(her second in as many months) this time in Ottawa. It's a good thing her university is only an hour away. Shop for boots Thursday night. Get my hair done Friday morning. My husband and I are planning on seeing the movie Passchendaele on Friday night, while my youngest has friends in for a sleepover. We're going for dinner at our friends' place on Saturday. We only see them maybe once a year. Life gets too busy sometimes.

No comments: