Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Good Life

Oct. 4, 2008

Outside my window...a cool, grey day. Our sidewalks were just replaced yesterday. My tulip bulbs are in the ground. I cover them with chicken wire and weight it down with rocks because those crazy squirrels will dig them up, take a bite, and toss them away. I learned the hard way.
I am thinking...that I have a good life.
I am thankful...for the amazing conference we attended this weekend. Great preaching on marriage, family and church life.
From the kitchen...homemade pizza and apple crisp.
I am wearing...black dress pants and a black blouse.
I am reading...The Dowry of Miss Lydia Clark by Lawana Blackwell.
I am hoping...that my co-worker gets better. She was struck by a car and has a broken hip and leg.
I am hearing...a soccer game. Toronto FC vs. New York Red Bulls. Toronto is ahead 2-1at the half.
Around the house...we have friends visiting for the weekend from out of town. My daughter is home for the weekend from university, but I have yet to see her. She's singing tonight at a Christian event.
One of my favourite things...a hot sauna and a cool lake.
Some plans for the week...just working four nights, so far. I'll see if I have energy for anything else.

No comments: