Friday, October 17, 2008

Work and Play


Oct.17,2008

Outside my window...a chilly fall day. The trees are half emptied of their leaves. It's leather jacket time.
I am thinking...the highlight of this Oncology conference was the lunch. Lentil soup, greek salad, and a chicken salad sandwich which was slightly sweet, almost like they had added cranberries to it. I skipped dessert.
I am thankful...for my library of over 800 books. It makes me smile. (see photo)
From the kitchen...Swiss Chalet. We have gotten into the habit of not cooking on Friday nights. I don't mind.
I am wearing...black dress pants, a black, white and teal print top. I should have worn something with sleeves. This hotel is too cold.
I am reading...Steal Away, by Linda Hall. It's a mystery series about a Christian private investigator.
I am hoping...the afternoon session on Sarcoma will be interesting. I hope we can get to IKEA this weekend. I need more bookshelves. Mine are overflowing.
I am hearing...the hotel equivalent of elevator music and several conversations.
Around the house...my youngest daughter is still excited about the concert she attended last night, of her favourite Christian rock band. She got to meet the band, and has pictures to prove it.
One of my favourite things...watching the ocean, especially from the back of a cruise ship. Maybe this winter...
Some plans for the week...my husband isn't going on a fishing trip after all. His work is too busy and the trip is too exhausting because of the long drive both ways all alone. I can't say I'm disappointed. I like his company. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend watching lots and lots of soccer. Have I mentioned before that I have a good life?

No comments: