Thursday, October 9, 2008

Technology Averse Consultant?

I'm one of those technology averse people. You know, the type who are always the last to get a new gadget? I can't tell you how long I avoided ATM's, CD's or debit machines. I still don't know how to set up a DVD without help, or download (or is it upload?) songs onto an iPod. I don't own a cell phone, nor do I want to. I hate talking on the phone. I commute, and they don't work in the subway. I work in a hospital, where they are not allowed, and the rest of the time I'm with my family and their three phones. So you see, I don't need one. Besides that, I can't see the small screen without my reading glasses, and by the time I've fished them out of my purse and figured out how to answer it, I've missed my call.
Even this blog was first written on paper, and then typed in afterwards, because I can't think on the computer.
I do use ATM's now, and CD's and debit cards. I don't know how I ever lived without them. DVD's are still a mystery to me. But I did get a used iPod and like it alot.
I started this blog a few months ago and have since learned how to add pictures, edit it and change the format. I have a few other internet sites I frequent, and add book reviews, lists, posts and photos. I've had e-mail for years, and can find my way through search engines.
I recently joined facebook and have learned my way around that as well. The joke was when another friend joined facebook, and actually asked ME for technological advice. Too funny.
My husband is better at these things, but even he sometimes mixes things up. He sent a message to our daughter in university saying, "Mom is on You Tube and is asking everyone to be her friend." She replied, "Umm, don't you mean facebook?"

No comments: