Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thanksgiving

Oct.12,2008

Outside my window...another beautiful fall day.
I am thinking...that I'm surprised I'm not the least bit stressed about Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I think I may even enjoy it. :)
I am thankful...my Mom's tests showed nothing to worry about. No asbestos in her lungs after all; just recovering from her broken ribs last March when she fell on the ice.
From the kitchen...PIZZA. Not homemade like last week. My daughter offered to cook and then ordered pizza instead.
I am wearing...church clothes. A black skirt, red blouse and black blazer.
I am reading...a Christian marriage magazine called MP (Marriage Partnership). It has a lot of good articles.
I am hoping...that my youngest daughter enjoys the concert of her favourite Christian band on Thursday night. She's been counting down the days since we first agreed to it. She is going to dress bizarrely in a silver wig to get noticed by the band.
I am hearing...Who Am I? by Casting Crowns.
Around the house...my oldest daughter is home for Thanksgiving weekend. She's only been at university for 6 weeks, and this is her third time back. Yet, when she's home, she's not home, because she's out with her friends.
One of my favourite things...a nice glass of white wine.
Some plans for the week...cook dinner for 17 family members tomorrow. Vote in the Federal election Tuesday. Work Tuesday night. Attend an oncology conference on Thursday and Friday, here in Toronto.

No comments: