Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Daily Grind

Oct.22,2008

Outside my window...they're still replacing our curbs and sidewalks. Our whole neighbourhood is a mess.
I am thinking...that I'm glad my daughter's dorm wasn't affected by the fire over the weekend. About 600 students now have to find alternate accommodations until January.
I am thankful...for my job. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.
From the kitchen...a chicken casserole and salad.
I am wearing...my pyjamas.
I am reading...The Lucky One, by Nicholas Sparks. I'm liking it so far. His leading men are always witty. This one is an ex-Marine who owns a German Shepherd. Works for me:)
I am hoping...that one day I could be a snowbird and live in the South for six months of the year. We actually had snow flurries yesterday. SNOW FLURRIES!
I am hearing...the cement mixer outside. I didn't get a good sleep because of it.
Around the house...more expensive car repairs on our 2002 van.
One of my favourite things...browsing in a bookstore.
Some plans for the week...working, of course. I can't plan any farther than that.

No comments: