Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Better Option

I went to an Oncology conference. I got through two and a half hours of mind numbing molecular biology and slides of cells and research statistics about clinical trials. Even the description is boring, but I assure you the reality is apt to induce narcolepsy. I did see some Doctors nodding off, so I don’t feel so bad for escaping. I don't feel guilty, though. I wasn't getting paid for the day, and I paid for the conference myself. Tomorrow should be more interesting, and I figured that books were a better choice than boredom. I stopped at Tim Horton’s for a coffee break, and then I made my way to the World’s Biggest Bookstore for an hour or two of enjoyable book browsing, along with the inevitable book buying. I also found a discount bookstore on Yonge Street where I found two great deals. I bought three new books. I admitted it to my husband as soon as I got home. He doesn't really care, but I don't like to feel sneaky.

No comments: